23 Sept 2013

Some Thrifty Finds....

Much like most other girls our age, Orla and I are constantly looking at ways to achieve fun and exciting looks on a budget! We both have an obsession with good quality make up, cosmetics and hair products. I think it’s fair to say that we spent the majority of our teens experimenting with different products whilst trying to find the right colour matches for our respective skin tones….although we often went out looking like we’d been tangoed!

As we got older, we developed our own styles and through a combination of practice, trial and error, we found products that worked for us and most importantly, looked natural and pretty on for our everyday looks. 

As soon as we got jobs and began earning a little more money, our eyes started to drift away from the Boots Collection range and over to some of the higher end brands. My brand of choice has been Benefit for a long time, while Orla is definitely more of a MAC girl. I find their products to be well made, reliable and most importantly they work well! I use their skin care routine a few times a week and their moisturiser nightly. It’s quite thick so I opt not to use it underneath foundation.


I’ve recently had to adapt my spending to reflect my outgoings being higher and therefore need to find ways to cut back and make my money go further. Gone are the days where I could spend £30 on a foundation every few weeks and not feel the impact. I still keep my Benefit foundation – but from now on it’s only going to be rocked out for special occasions.

Here are my thrifty finds from today and the comparisons in price. I will let you know how I get on with these in the coming weeks and will post my review on YouTube!


*Nivea Daily Essentials Day Cream - £2.99 (Offer £1 off)
*Nivea Daily Essentials Double Effect Make-Up Remover – £2.59 (Offer £1 off)
*Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder in 003 Peach Glow – £3.99
*No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation in Calico - £9.95 (Offer £3 off)
*Loreal Paris Le Correcteur Perfect Match in 2 Vanilla – £3.49  (Offer Buy One Get One Half Price) 



Here are my thrifty finds from today and the compassions in price. I will let you know how I get on with these in the coming weeks and will review on YouTube! 

Thanks for reading! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

Two Girls, Best Friends, Sharing Secrets, Tips & Tricks! Make Up . Fashion . Health . Weight . Beauty . Vintage . Style . Shabby Chic . Design . Music . Disney . Costume . Fun . BFF Twitter - @Twiceuponblonde Instagram - Twiceuponblonde YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKztQ7sRCbFQZeGXdQOMEOw/about