12 Nov 2013

Hair 'Style' Today, Gone Tomorrow.....

This weekend was quite a lazy one for us. We were both feeling a little bit under the weather and not on our usual top form. Instead of risking making ourselves feel worse, we did what all self respecting girls do and headed out to the shops to stock up on chocolate and diet coke, before heading back and watch an entire season of Sex & The City! (The Aiden years, of course. what was Carrie thinking letting him go)?!

Anyway, while we sat and ate our weight in chocolate we also spent the afternoon playing with our hair. We have both had short hair in our time. Orla used to be a hair model (as mentioned in our introduction video). During this time, she didn't really have much say in the length or colour of her hair and ended up with some amazing styles. The later styles she sported were usually very short or even shaved right up at the back with just length left on top. I on the other hand have been cutting my hair short since I was in my late teens. The reason being, my hair is SO thin and fine and it usually looks much thicker when cut shorter.

While I enjoyed the illusion of thicker hair, I didn't like not having any length as I used to enjoy playing with different styles and designs in my hair. As my most recent short cut was a graduated bob, I do have some ways to go to get my hair to a decent one length style.

Orla on the other hand has already grown her hair to a better length and has managed to have the length evened out. This is largely why the hair styles this weekend were all on Orla's hair. Also, the hair extensions we used we old ones of mine from 5 years ago when I wore hair extensions most days. The colour match was much better for Orla than the ash blonde colour of my hair currently.

I started off by straightening and putting the hair extensions in Orla's hair. When she looked in the mirror, this cemented her decision to grow her hair!



The first thing I tried was a waterfall braid. I love this look as it looks really intricate. I think this would look better in hair with darker undertones or low lights, to really highlight the design of this look. The idea is to make your side pony tail look like it's encased in a cage of hair. This look would also work well on a normal ponytail. 


For a different look at the front of the hair, this simple twist is fun to add interest. We used a spiral stud to enhance the look and secured with a bobby pin underneath. 



For a more formal look that would work for a prom or posh 'do' this half up style is really cute! It was surprisingly easy to achieve and really suited Orla. With flowers added in the summer, this would be adorable festival hair! 



I then tried my personal favourite, fishtail plait. This is the style I want to wear the most, but my hair is still far too short to make this work on my own hair. It looks really chic and bohemian and I definitely think Orla needs to learn to do this one on her own hair! Super cute!



So which style do you like best? Let us know if you would like us to film any tutorials on how we achieved these looks or try out any others! We're currently looking for a new brand of hair extensions to try out too, so if you have any brands that you love, leave them in the comments below so we can check them out!

Please like, comment and subscribe to our channel if you enjoyed this! Don't forget to also follow our blog using the Bloglovin link below! Comment below if you want to share your looks - we love being nosy and seeing what you're up to too!

Thanks for checking this out! 

Twitter 
Instagram 
Youtube 






2 comments:

  1. You two are undeniably creative! It’s amazing to learn the different ways on how to use a hair extension. If only I’m a woman I would definitely ask you on how you do it. Keep it up! I’m sure a lot of girls would love to learn more.

    Tommy @ HerHairCompany.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tommy! We're thrilled that you loved the post :) xx

      Delete

About

Two Girls, Best Friends, Sharing Secrets, Tips & Tricks! Make Up . Fashion . Health . Weight . Beauty . Vintage . Style . Shabby Chic . Design . Music . Disney . Costume . Fun . BFF Twitter - @Twiceuponblonde Instagram - Twiceuponblonde YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKztQ7sRCbFQZeGXdQOMEOw/about