3 Jan 2014

We're Back......

Hello Lovelies!

We hope you all had a wonderful festive season! We're so sorry to have abandoned you during the most wonderful time of the year. Unfortunately, Christmas for us didn't quite pan out as we had hoped and we didn't get to blog as much as we had wanted or planned to.

Christmas is such a great time to spend with family and friends. I have such a huge family, that Orla is very much a part of. She has been my baby sister for as long as I can remember - and in fact, one of my earliest memories is sitting on the sofa and being allowed to hold a two day old Orla while every adult in the room stood by terrified! Usually Orla and I will get together as often as possible to wrap presents, watch Christmas films and eat our weight in chocolate.

This year we knew things would be a little different because Orla was working on Panto in Guildford while I was staying in London. I also had some devastating news on 30th November that really threw Christmas into complete turmoil for my entire family. My dear Uncle died very suddenly and unexpectedly of hypothermia. We used to see him every few weeks and he always came to stay with us at Christmas. Things really didn't feel very merry at all and as a result, I didn't much feel like writing blog posts whilst feeling so down in the dumps. If this had happened at any other time of year, Orla would have been manning the blog, but due to a really heavy work schedule, this wasn't going to work at all.

So, here we are in 2014. I'm feeling more positive but to be totally honest, still not myself. There are only a few very select number of people that can tell that i'm still not quite back to normal. When someone has been such an important part of your life for as long as you can remember, it's hard to adjust. I hope that one day soon i'll be able to think about happy times spent with my uncle without getting emotional. Currently, that's not really possible. 

This year has a lot of potential and we're certainly going to the make the most of it, whatever we chose to do and wherever the the choices lead us, we hope you'll come along for the ride.

How ever we choose to travel.....

.....with cake

...and lots of giggles!

xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

Two Girls, Best Friends, Sharing Secrets, Tips & Tricks! Make Up . Fashion . Health . Weight . Beauty . Vintage . Style . Shabby Chic . Design . Music . Disney . Costume . Fun . BFF Twitter - @Twiceuponblonde Instagram - Twiceuponblonde YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKztQ7sRCbFQZeGXdQOMEOw/about